The A-Arts Dance organization is proud to announce that Dancers can complete a Hip Hop Funk and Modern Contemporary Dance Teachers Certificate. All dancers that would like to become teachers can complete this two year certificate and become members of the A-Arts Dance Organization.
Requirements to apply for the Dance Teachers Certificate:
- Dancers need to be 18yrs to apply.
- Dancers need to have 4-5 years of formal dance training experience.
- A formal audition will be held before the applicant can apply for the Teachers Dance Certificate. Dancers are also welcome to send in a video
if the dancer resides in another province.
- Dancers can open their own studio(s) and will have a syllabus to follow throughout the year.
- Teachers will be members of the A-Arts (Dance) Organization.
- Teachers will receive a Hip Hop and Modern syllabus books, music and DVDs on all routines and updates on all exam work each year.
- 5% Discount on entries at an A-Arts Festival in your province or region.
- The A-Arts Organization is in the process of accreditation.
Requirements to complete Hip Hop Funk Teachers:
To become a teacher of the Hip Hop A-Arts organization you need to complete:
- Pre-Advance teacher exam (First year) Theory on Entry Level & Level 1-6.
- Advance teacher exam (second year) Theory of Level 7 – 12.
Requirements to complete the Modern Contemporary Teachers:
To become a teacher of the Modern Contemporary A-Arts organization you need to complete:
- Pre-Advance teacher exam (First year) Theory on Tiny Tots & Grade 1-6.
- Advance teacher exam (second year) Theory of Grade 7 – 12.
- Dancers need to have a basic understanding of Acrobatic tricks.
Dancers can complete this exam even though they are in a different province. The examiner will be set by the organization and 5 classes will be required to check if all work is according to the DVD’s and syllabus. Dancers have now the opportunity to study form their own homes or studios. Dancers also completing this certificate can start teaching other dancers or open their own studios (ONLY THE GRADES/LEVELS AS SET BY EACH EXAM CAN BE TAUGHT).
- R8000 per year (certificate is two years).
- Travel & Accommodation cost for examiner must be paid by the applicant (depending on province/location).
- Once the certificate is completed or the applicant teaches the syllabus there will be an annual member affiliation fee of R850.
No fees are refundable!